Thursday, January 3, 2008

IT and Legal Skills Make a Potent Combo

The demand for paralegals with IT skills is expected to increase, according to the Boston Business Journal. As more law firms grapple with electronic discovery, paralegals capable of navigating the vast amounts of data are in hot demand.

Often known as litigation technology support staff, these paralegals are being wooed like lawyers at the top of their classes. In order to succeed as litigation technology support staff, candidates must have information technology skills, an understanding of the legal process, and the interpersonal skills to work with both clients and attorneys. These skills are richly rewarded at well over six figures.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your blog via lawyersrighthand and I soooo happy I did.

    You seem to really enjoy what you do. I am looking to enter the legal field while using my IT skills. Can you tell me about your experience as a legal techie?

    And thanks for this article, it has put a big smile on my face.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.